- 3 Cups Milk
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Plain Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Tb Butter Divided
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Scald the milk, Stir in cornmeal, and bring just to a boil, making mush.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted.
- Beat eggs (to a froth) with salt and baking powder.
- Add to cornmeal mixture.
- Beat with hand mixer for 2-4 minutes.
- Pour into pre-heated, buttered baker.
- Bake at 350 degrees, 30-45 minutes or until nicely browned.
Best when served hot with butter, honey or sorghum on top!